Thursday, January 7, 2010

Favorite Blog: Second Quarter

My favorite blog this quarter is "Las Vegas: Suicide City?" I used a different approach with this blog post when finding information and the idea to write it. With past posts, I would search through articles on a news website to find an interesting article and then blog about it. For this blog, I started with what we were discussing in class. We were talking about children being affected by their environments and that the commercials they watch change who they grow up to be or how they think. This topic was interesting to me so I typed into Google "environmental effect on humans". This search gave me a bunch of studies. The one that stood out was the one about certain cities having higher suicide rates. Since this topic was so interesting to me, i decided to blog about it. I think i favor this post over others because i came across the idea in a different way than previous posts. Now, i have decided to start my search for a post idea by using topics we discuss in class and branch off of them.

This strategy has helped me think of good blog topics because i had been struggling with that in the past quarter. I have come to find that by blogging about topics that aren't just commenting on random articles makes the process much easier and enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment