Friday, April 9, 2010

Starting the Junior Theme

When we started junior theme, I knew right away that I wanted to research something about music. I think the hardest part for me was trying to think of an acceptable 'why' question to research. At first, I was trying to focus on woman's struggle in the music idustry, but since this is a problem in all indsutries, I could only do this if I focused on buisness in general. Then I tried to focus on censourship in music but found it hard to make a why question relating to that theme and I realized I wasn't as interested in it as I thought I would be.
Then one day, I was looking through the music section in the library and came across a really interesting book called "The Hip Hop Wars" which discusses the conflicts and controversies surrounding the hip hop industry. As I began to read, I found that I was extremely interested in what the author had to say on this topic. I then came up with the question , 'Why is hip hop music mainstream and why has the media constructed it the way they have."
Right now I'm struggling with the wording of my question since it is kind of a long and wordy question at the moment. But besides for that, I think the most difficult thing so far with finding a theme was phrasing the question in a 'why' form.

No comments:

Post a Comment